Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...train...nevermind.

Hello everyone! Wow have things been crazy or what? This past week has been insane, saying goodbye to the children, all my awesome friends, and then the city/langauge/everything I've grown to love about Romania was...rough. I never like goodbyes, and as our train pulled away from my new home in Iasi, I'm sure I was quite the ridiculously sad sight. Not to mention the fact that I was trying to eat a cold shaorma (an amazing Romanian sandwich I'll tell you all about) while struggling through my tears. I miss Iasi like crazy already.

Yet, right as I've come to grips with the fact that I'm leaving Romania, and got a chance to really get excited about our 17 day backpacking trip, it seems that Romania isn't ready to say goodbye to me yet. Due to recent events in Iceland (what?!) I'm still here! They've shut almost all air traffic to northern Europe down and we are now enjoying free meals and accomodations from our friends at British Airways who have booked us a direct flight to Paris today. Cross your fingers! In four hours I should hopefully be on my way, but there is still a definite possibility I'll be here in Bucuresti even longer. I should have been in Paris right now, getting ready to go meet our friend Jen (our other friend we're traveling with) at the Arc de Triomphe. Crazy stuff! I know it will all make a really funny story to tell for the rest of my life, and I'm SO grateful for the rest I've been able to get here. Now I'm just really, really ready to roll! So anyway, thought I'd give you that little update on things! Pray that I get out of here soon!

P.S. If you haven't already learned this trick, Erika Peterson's blog (which you can find a link to on the right, it's Livin' the Dream) is very well updated unlike mine. She posted a few pictures and a funny video of us in the airport that you can go look at! I love this girl, we're going to be connected at the hip for the next two weeks and I love her to death. Enjoy, and hopefully I don't get any more time to post before I'm back in the states MAY 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment