Monday, May 3, 2010

28 hours of flying later....

Guess what, guess what, guess what?!?! I'M HOME!!!!!! And boy is it wonderful.

You know, traveling is awesome and it has been an absolutely incredible experience to see everything I have in the past week or so. Yet, after all of it, I can't even tell you how great it is to be with my parents again, and talking to all my family and friends! Turning on my phone again, weird! And entering an airport where everything was in English... oh it was neat, and crazy. Culture shock much? YES. But I don't mind one bit, I was definitely ready to be home. After giving my parents and Brian and Ally the biggest hugs I could muster, I slept for oh, 10 hours? I saw my mountains today, and held my hand out an open window while wearing a seat belt (yes, funny that it would make me so happy to have a seat belt). I saw an American flag flapping in the wind, and was just giddy :).
Give me a few weeks or so and I'm sure I'll be ready to be back in Romania (I miss everyone there so much...), but for now the comforts of home are all I can ask for!

In case any of you were left off the band wagon (which is basically everyone but my parents...) we quickly threw together a trip and still got to do some backpacking!

So, beginning in Frankfurt we went to.....
Munich
Rome
Florence
Venice
back to Frankfurt
and finished in Paris!!

It was quite the trip, and I'll hopefully have time in the next little bit to post at least a few pictures and things from each place I visited. But for now, I'll be focusing on catching up with many of you in person :) because I can now!!! I've been home for one day, and I've started losing my voice a bit from all the talking, and I'm loving all of it!

1 comment:

  1. :D YAY!! You are home!! and if I was home I would be over to your house in no time. But alas, I still have two finals to take so I won't be home until Friday. But you better believe I will be visiting soon after that!!!

    ReplyDelete