Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day One in Romania!

Hello to anyone who reads this! I have now made it safely to Romania, and am still working really hard to adjust. No doubt this will now top my list as the biggest challenge I have ever had in life, it's already begun. I'm sure it will also be added to the top as one of the most rewarding and growth filled experiences as well. I feel as though I understand the challenge of serving a mission so much more, plus I really can't complain with what I've been given here (or I won't :), I'm actually positive that I could). Anyway, I'll stop rambling on about things like that. It was a great trip here, I love flying! Although admittedly the nine hour flight was rough. I was so excited to be on my way though! There is no doubt that I am on the other side of the world, it's SO different here! Ha, and I thought I'd be able to speak at least a little Romanian but I didn't consider the fact that attempting to say something in front of a pure blood Romanian man at the tiny Iasi (pronounced yash) airport would be so intimidating! He knew I was American obviously, and I just couldn't get a "buna" or "multumesc" out at all because I felt so silly. Courage to do that will come to me hopefully the next time I go out :) Anyway, long story short here I am halfway around the world. This is going to be quite the adventure!! Here you are, a few pictures of the adventure so far.

On my way! Goodbye Salt Lake.....

Goodbye good ol' Wasatch Mountains....

Hello Austrian Alps!!!!!!!

Holy Cow...We're in EUROPE!

We then took this small plane (with propellers!) to Iasi!

So we made it safely, and just getting to the apartment felt like an adventure in itself. The apartment is great. Complete with a mattress on the floor, one bed, and a couch. The six of us make it work :) I'll have to get pictures for y'all (I hear this a lot these days thanks to Erika and her southern ways) of the apartment some other time.

Living in a foreign country requires courage in many ways...look at the size of that plunger! Don't be grossed out, but my hand was not dry after that picture was taken.

More to come!

Cu drag.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Camille! I can't believe you are really there! I love that you've started this blog so I can stalk you in what you do haha just kidding.. but really though.. it'll be fun to read!
    :) Love ya cuz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Love the pictures! I am very happy you will be updating us with a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an adventure! It makes me want to serve another mission or spend another summer selling alarms. But now I've got a different kind of adventure I'm starting on...
    Make it a great stay and take care.

    ReplyDelete